- October 20, 2018
- Posted by: U.S. Title Records
- Category: deed, Online copy of deed
Property deed search by address or owner name – How to look up online
1. Locate the county the property is located.
2. Locate the local county clerk or recorder’s office.
3. Contact the deed recording or land records department.
4. The records department well either provide instruction on how to send in a written request with self-addressed envelope to include the property address and/or parcel number or provide a link to a records index portal where you can enter the owner name, book and page, parcel number or lot and block to identify the vesting deed you are attempting to obtain a copy of.
Many counties however will require you to walk-in person and research county record indexes to obtain a copy of the deed document you are after. If the document is not indexed online you will need to locate the image on microfilm or microfiche records.
Many of these deed or document images today can be obtained online through “title plants” I.E. Online Title Search Company